If any of you are like me, the return of fall means the return of a more hectic schedule. The shorter days and packed evenings make fitting in my runs difficult some days. So, it’s back to the treadmill for me. I am easily bored on the treadmill and sometimes turn to my iPod for help passing the miles. In the treadmill spirit, I offer you my super cool running playlist, shrunk to the first ten songs to come up on shuffle:
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen (I know, you hear it everywhere, but it’s kind of run, right? No?)
- I Can’t Hold Back – Survivor (I love the 80s!)
- Seventeen – Winger (see #2)
- Love is a Battlefield – Pat Benetar (yep. #2)
- Starships – Nicki Minaj (Anything by Ms. Nicki is a good running song)
- Champion – Kanye West (Don’t you know you’re a champion? It’s great!)
- Don’t Stop the Music – Rihanna (I love the little sample of Michael Jackson. It’s a fun song)
- Letting Go (Dutty Love) – Sean Kingston (It has a super cool beat. It feels tropical.)
- High on You – Survivor (It’s the 80s again. Yay!)
- (This better be a good one) Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin’) – T Pain (Come on, what’s not to like about a song whose title has almost no real words?)
There you have it – ten songs from my actual running playlist. Don’t judge. Just get to rockin’! And, share your favorite song in the comments so I can get some new tunes for the treadmill.
Important disclaimer – Dr. Rachel recommends that you only listen to music while on the treadmill. It can be unsafe to listen to an iPod or other music player while running outside, particularly if you’re alone, or running in a high traffic area. There are often stories of runners hurt, kidnapped, or killed who were plugged in to music and unaware of their surroundings. Please don’t let this be you. Be safe out there.