I love the beginning of a new year. It seems like a fresh start and a time to reflect. I also love new year’s resolutions. I think resolutions are a great idea in general. Being a very
competitive goal oriented person, I enjoy the opportunity to pick goals and challenges for a new year. After much consideration, I have decided upon the following goals, in the order of the likelihood of accomplishment:
1. Keep running for fun and remember to enjoy it (definitely will happen)
2. Run faster (probably going to happen thanks to my friend/coach’s insistence on speed work AND track work every week)
3. Strength train once a week (not likely, but I am going to give it the old college try)
4. Make better/healthier decisions about the food that I choose to eat (a long shot)
5. Break 2 hours in a half marathon (a pipe dream)
What are your running goals for 2012? How did you celebrate the new year on the run?